Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Unable to download IOS 6.1, sonicwall blocking?

Hi all!

I am a Systems Administrator at an American International School, we are moving towards Apple 1:1 programs.

I have a sonicwall TZ210 and trying to connect and update my ipad to IOS 6.1.

I get a message saying Download will take 2 hours then it comes back with a pop up  "an error occurred".

I have disabled "Enable Inbound Inspection" on HTTP on the Anti-Spyware page of my Sonicwall.

Any advice would be awesome!

Cheers!


View the original article here

4 comments:

  1. I have the same issue, please advise. IOS will download the update but verify fails each time. I'm running fairly default settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In sonicwall 2400 and similar series you need to disable signature ID 7300 and App ID 966. It's a HTTP proxy service that's incorrectly blocking apple updates.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Joe! I just disabled signature ID 7300 and worked fine.

    ReplyDelete