Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

IPad Redirecting in Safari AFTER restore - JAVA issue?

Hi All,

I seem to be having a similar problem to the person in this thread

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4979675?start=0&tstart=0

but have escalated to a main discussion topic as it seems particularly annoying. I am unable to use a particular website from Safari on my iPad4 (iOS 6.1.3) - the website is www.guardian.co.uk (and subdirectories). When I select from bookmark the site is directed to mobile.juicyads.com and then finds it way c.mobpartner.mobi before sending me to App store for a particular game advert.

Happened before and i deleted all web history/cleared cache etc and this worked. NOW, however the clearing of cache does nothing. I have tried restore to backup and restore as new iPad - neither of which have addressed the situation.

I have also tried Chrome browser on iPad and this was redirected too.

There is a solution in that if I turn JAVA OFF then the redirect doesn't happen.

Is there anything else I haven't tried and does anyone actually know what the "infection" or problem actually is.

Thanks


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment