Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Transfer files to iPad from a Macbook Air instead of home iMac

Hi all

My wife unfortunately has an extended stay in hospital and I'm trying to find some way of transferring videos to her iPad to help break the boredom.  Her iPad is linked to her iMac at home, backs up over iCloud, and we've a Macbook Air with an account linked to her Apple ID and iTunes is authorised against her Apple ID.  As I can normally only get there once a day it's not really practical to take the iPad home as she loses it for a day but I can load up the Macbook at home and bring it in.

She has the GoodReader app and I can transfer by creating a WiFi network from the Macbook.  This works, but the files are large and it takes quite a long time - most of the visiting time.  There's no WiFi in the hospital, otherwise we could probably find some solution where she syncs overnight or something via WiFi.  I'm hoping to find some way to do it over the USB connector which should be much quicker, ideally using built in software or Apps.

Thanks for any pointers.

Andrew


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment