Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Screen problem making iPad unusable

My iPad2 is 15 month old and has developed a strange screen problem. It seems to have developed a mind of its own, typing ahead with random characters, doing its own thing when scrolling and trying to select in apps. Two days ago Apple support said restore to factory settings which I did. Same problem came back. Yesterday Apple support said the same thing which again I did. Same problem came back Today Apple support say it's a hardware issue out of warranty. We had a polite discussion about EU legislation but to cut a long story short, they basically said "sorry about that, but there is nothing our policies will let us do, you're on your own"

 

Not exactly the response I hoped for. So I've now got an iPad that is basically useless, unless I want to use it as a door stopper.

 

My business made a strategic commitmnt to Apple in Mid 2011 and this iPad was part of our shift away from PC/Windows. It's the first time I have needed to deal with Apple Support, and while each of the people I have spoken to have been professional, understanding and helpful, they have been unable / not allowed to assist any further.

 

Yes, we could have taken out Apple Care Agreements. We chose not to on the basis of 2 year statutory warranty and Apple's reputatiuon for reliability. Seems I made a big mistake here and am left wondering if we made the right decision in going down the Apple route. Our investment in Apple hardware and software is massive for an SME and our workflow depends on iPads.

 

I'm left with a problem. Thanks Apple.

I'm still a fan but my blinkers have been removed. No longer will you be giveen the benefit of the doubt when you screw up - Maps, WiFi etc - as you have had a direct and negative impact on my business and missed a chance to keep a very happy customer on board.

 

Does it help to post this? Not really, but it's off my chest.


View the original article here

1 comments:

  1. Many ipad user solved the screen problem with the help of ipad screen repair. Maybe you can have a try :)

    ReplyDelete