Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Different Mac usernames different iPads

I had asked his question many months ago, and only received alternate ways of setting up our home and how we organise our way of doing things.

 

We have just lived with this problem since then, but when my partner went out the other day and she wanted to show her photos to someone else from the iPad, they were all gone and replaced with mine.

 

At some point the iPad has been plugged in while I was logged in ..probably to charge it and sync had sync'd my data to her iPad..not contacts or mail or music  ..just the photos.

 

 

So I have been given the task of trying to sort this out once more. 

 

 

The setup is

3 different Mac usernames

3 different i devices (ipad, ipad mini, iphone)

enough power on Mac Pro to power / charge all devices

not connected by a hub

 

Each iDevice needs to be associated with a different username, so even though all devices are often connected at once, only want that users device to sync with ONLY their account.

 

Ideally I do not want my partners iPad or the work iPad sync'ing to my private User account on the Mac..just my iPhone.

 

When I log in to the Mac with work account , I want iTunes to just sync the work iPad.

 

it is OK for the devices to appear in other Mac Users iTunes, just not sync with them. 

 

 

Can this be done with the normal settings within iTunes or is this just an issue we have to live with.

 

 

Thanks


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment