Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Why can't I change the location of my device backups?

Why can't I change the location of my device backups?

 

iTunes seems to force me to use my c:\ drive as the destination for all backups. 

 

Background: I have set up my c:\ drive only for programs - all data is stored on separate drives - including my iTunes library and all media. So, I can't skinny down the c:\ drive any more without uninstalling programs.

 

The issue is that my 10,000 rpm, 280 GB - C:\ drive is fast but small and is now FULL after I got about 1/2 way through a 128 GB backup of my ipad.  (Yes, all movies have been deleted off of the iPad to minimize the size of the backup.)

 

I deleted the partial iPad backup, moved all the Mobile Applications to another drive, emptied the recycle bin and tried again with my much smaller iPhone.  You guessed it: the io7 update hung and both of my devices are now paper weights.

 

Which leaves me f*cked, anyone know how I can un-f myself? 


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment