Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Re: Mirroring Mac mini to Apple TV with vnc on ipad mini

Hey everyone,

Here is what I'm doing.

I have VNC viewer on my ipad mini. I have set up my Mac mini sharing to allow the ipad in. I start vnc viewer app log in to my Mac mini. Works fine to this point. I can open programs, files no problem. My problem is when I go to mirroring on the Mac mini, choose my Apple TV, the appletv switches but only displays a blank screen.

Ultimately what I want to do is mirror my Mac mini to an Apple TV to play in iPhoto when I'm lying in bed. I have a wireless keyboard but I get out of range when I go upstairs. Maybe a Bluetooth keyboard might be better but I don't have one.

I looked for apps on the ipad mini but I don't want to load third party programs on the Mac mini. It would be nice if the apple remote app controlled the Mac mini too. Just means I would have to mirror the Mac mini before I head up for bed.

Am I asking to much? Maybe. Am I being lazy, sure.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Dryanc


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment