Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Conflict between home sharing from MacBook Pro and airplay from ipad / iPhone?

Just bought an Apple TV, and set it up yesterday. Everything works fine, with one exception. When I have iTunes open and home sharing turned on the Apple TV, when trying to mirror airplay from my ipad 4th gen or my iPhone 5s, I get nothing on the Apple TV, just black screen. It also makes the device run really sluggish.

I've definitely narrowed it down to this conflict, quitting iTunes on the MacBook Pro immediately resolves the issue. So no big deal, right? Just turn off itunes. Except the whole point of buying the Apple TV is to have a central point I can stream all my media in the house from, I'd like to have my MacBook Pro, iMac, ipad and iPhone able to take control of the Apple TV without having to run across the house to turn iTunes on or off on the computers.

This only happens when mirroring, normal airplay audio or video works just fine. MacBook Pro and Apple TV are hard wired Ethernet, ipad on wifi.

Is this a known conflict? Is there any solution?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment