Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My iPad 3 keeps dropping its internet connection when connected via a wifi router

I have an iPad with Wi-Fi + 4G (3rd generation). Ever since I installed IOS 6.0.1 (sometime before Christmas), I constantly loose my internet connection when browsing the internet via a WIFI connection. I also experience the exact same issue on my iPhone 4, which is also running IOS 6.0.1. The wifi signals on both my iPad/iPhone show full strength and my router registers both devices as attached.

 

I've tried numerous workarounds suggested on various forums including an ipad reset, re-installing as a new iPad, forgetting the wifi network, resetting the network settings, changing my wifi channel, switching off all router security settings. None of these has made a difference - I still consistently loose the internet connection. My iPad and iPhone are basically unusable with wifi. I've resorted to switching off wifi on each and using the cellular data network in order to browse the internet and use the apps I have installed.

 

All my other, non Apple devices (3 windows Laptops, 2 Windows Desktops, Smart TV, Kindle, Nintendo 3DS, non apple smart phone) have no issues connecting to the internet via my wifi router (Netgear N300 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2+) - which is using the latest firmware.

 

I'm convinced this is an iOS 6 issue - I had no issues with iOS 5 - both my devices had no internet connection issues with iOS 5. Is there a problem with iOs 6, and if so, is there a fix for this issue? I see on various other forums/websites that other people are having similar issues.

 

If not, is there anyway I can downgrade from iOS 6 back to iOS 5?

 

Thanks for any help anyone can give

 

Regards



View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment