Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Re: MicroSDHC > iPad 3 Retina > Ext. HD?

I'm heading to Europe in 2 weeks for some skiing.  I'll be recording footage via this goggle cam.  I'll be using 32 GB MicroSDHC cards. Last time I did a trip like this, I brought a laptop to transfer the footage daily and then clear the card.  I don't have that luxury this time around and I don't want to bring 10+ cards.  I was planning on using a connection tool like this to read the SD cards, and transfer footage to the iPad, but I'd like to confirm that I can do this, and then see if I can transfer files from the iPad to an external HD.

A service like Dropbox won't work due to file size and the limited shared wi-fi speed available.  Can I use something like this to transfer the files for storage?

MicroSDHC card > iPad > External HD > clear the MicroSFHC card > wash, rinse, repeat, profit

Could something like this work, where I could transfer JPG and .MOV files to the iPad from an SD card and then offload them to an HD?

Thanks,


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment