Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Home Sharing won't load on iOS devices - works fine on AppleTV

I've been struggling with Home Sharing and cannot understand why it simply won't work. I have a relatively large library (25,000 songs/300movies/1000 tv shows). I'm running all Apple devices, all with the latest OS/software versions. AEBS is my router.

 

Home Sharing has always worked flawlessly from iTunes on my Mac to AppleTV.

 

When I load up the Videos App on and any of my several iPhones and iPads in the house, my Shared Library always appears...

 

...however, if I tap to load it...the spinning circle appears and that's where it ends. It will spin endless for several minutes until it Fails or I stop it.

 

What could be the problem here? I've tried all the basic troubleshooting of turning HS on/off, in iTunes and the iOS devices, restarted every device plenty of times...Nothing.

 

It used to work intemittently with iOS 6, but not at all on iOS 7.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment