Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Resetting encrypted backups?

I just recived my new Ipad I ordered from Apple, and was planning on loading it up from the backup from the backup I set up from my Iphone 4s. However, I quickly discovered that my backup data was encrypted with a password. Now, I know I have noone to blame but myself here; but I have tried every possible password I can think of, and none have brought me any success.

 

By now, I've pretty much given up on cracking the old backup, as Apple somehow doesn't have a "Forgot my password" option for such a crucial datapoint. So, I was wondering: if there is any way to delete the old encrypted backup, and set up a new one without a password? And, if I do so, will it delete all the app data on my Iphone?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment