Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Unable To Share Photo Stream With Anyone

ve been navigating the very unintuitive process to share photos on both the Photos App on the iPad as well as iPhoto on OS X.  I understand the iPhone adds yet another different way to do the same thing, so we'll skip that for now as this has more to do with the actual service it seems since I cannot share photos with anyone else from either the iPad or the Mac.

 

In short: When I try to add a name to the list of shared persons, I enter the e-mail address in the field, and when I click away and click back on the Mac, the e-mail address is gone. I am the only person listed on the shared list of people. Similarly the iPad gives me the ability to add a name, but doesn't show me who is already subscribed ... at least it doesn't show me (the owner) as it does on the iPhoto App. When I enter an e-mail address there, it shows up under the "Subscribers" for an instant, then immediately dissapears. iPhoto on the Mac confirms that they were not added to the subscriber list.

 

OK, so what goes on here? I could understand it might be an upgrade related issue if it didn't happen on both my Mac and my iPad. So is this yet another Apple bug of a promoted feature of iOS 6? Or am I just not understanding how to do this? I can't find any instructions anywhere to confirm whether I am doing it correctly.

 

Bottom line: I cannot add ANYBODY to the shared subscriber list the way it is adverstised that I am supposed to be able to.

 

Is there some criterea that I am overlooking for they type of subscriber who can be added? It doesn't seem to work with .mac, or .me iCloud addresses, nor any others. So I am at a loss.

 

Thanks ...


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment