Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

E-mail address now defunct but apple doesn't recognise my security settings and old password is now invalid?

Hi,

 

Our original apple ID was a hotmail email address that has now been closed down as it was had a virus. I KNOW we should have changed it to our new e- mail address, but we were able to use it and log in with our password.

 

I have now tried to download an app and apple says my password is incorrect - it isn't, I've put it in dozens of times today and its definatley the once we have always used. As I don't have the option of changing my password via e-mail, I have gone through the security questions and apple are saying that ALL of these are also incorrect. These are basic things like date of birth, childhood street etc.

 

A such we cannot download anything on the iPad. Other people have had this problem with defunct e- mail addresses and it seems apple has re- set the passwords and security questions meaning we cannot access anything?

 

Does anyone have any advice they can offer us?

 

Thanks

 

Esther


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment