Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Transfer Purchases from iPad to PC

I have an iPad 2nd gen that syncs to iCloud.  I also have a PC with iTunes on it.  They both use the same Apple ID.  However, audiobooks purchased on the iPad do not allow for re-download to other devices, and because the iPad syncs to iCloud, if I can't get the audiobooks copied to my PC I will lose them if the iPad ever goes bad.

 

I connected my iPad to my PC, and the only options given are "Set up as new iPad" and "Restore from this backup".  Needless to say, since the iPad syncs to iCloud (and not this PC), there is no relevant backup available.

 

When I simply try File>Devices>Transfer Purchases, the Transfer Purchases button is greyed out and cannot be selected.

 

Anybody know how to fix this?  Once I get my purchaes transferred, I will wipe the iPad and set up as new--only this time, I will NOT sync to iCloud--too many problems!

 

PS--Downloading Audiobooks directly from iTunes to the PC doesn't work.  Audiobooks do not have the same rights as music and movies, apparently, and can not be re-downloaded from iTunes to authorized devices for free.  Wish Apple would have mentioned that before I set up my iPad to sync with iCloud!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment