Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

When synching to effect a folder deletion, must iTunes re-synch the entire ipad contents?

Hi all - I'm fairly new to the mysterious world of iPad, so this issue may be just a frustrating fact of ipad life! 

So here's the reason for my post:

I wish to delete a folder of photos from my ipad.  I remove that folder from the folder I use to synch via itunes onto the ipad.  So far so good.  Then I hit synch and iTunes then proceeds to re-synch every photo folder that's still in there, plus all videos, files, apps etc that I still want to remain on the ipad.  This takes a very considerable length of time.  Much, much more time than the simple removal of one photo folder should surely take!

One would think it possible for iTunes to recognise that, and simply remove the unwanted folder, without what is tantamount to a re-install of all the other files. A hard-drive back-up does it sensibly - it merely deals with the changed files and ignores the rest.

Or is there some simpler method that I am missing?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment