Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Re: Anyone still having IOS 6 wifi issues?

In a mad fit of frustration with my iPhone and WiFi – I have resolved the issue and it is working fully for me now on EVERY connection

If I select my home Network from the “Choose a Network” list in Wi-Fi and connect to NETGEAR (My home network), it takes a while to connect and doesn’t really work properly with all the issues noted in this log. 

BUT, if I select “Other” and enter by actually typing in “NETGEAR” and then “Join” – it connects instantly and works perfectly.

It now also auto-joins each time I turn Wi-Fi off or go out of range, which it was not doing before.  I also note that if I click on it, I now see “Forget this Network” on the connection, which was not there at all before.

So – it would seem that if I try and join some (not all though) networks using the Scanned SSID – I might have problems but if I type it in myself, it works perfectly.  It also seems to matter if I have connected to that network before.

So there must be something wrong with broadcasted SSID’s and how they connect, maybe if I have connected to those networks before on prior IOS versions? Dunno.

Don’t care – It is definitely working for me.  This was pre- 6.0.2 update too - I was running 6.0.1.

It's great to have the phone working as it should.

Prior to this - I had reset Network setting, restored iPhone, setup as new iPhone, changed the way I accepted cookies (random, I know), cleared caches and cookies and a few other random things. None of these made any differences.

Anyway - try it yourself and see it it works for you!!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment