Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Re: iPad Mini or Refurbished iPad 2

Hi,

Just though I'd let you know my experieinces and try to help you decide!

I have have just bought an iPad mini, and am about to sell my iPad 2 on ebay, and I have to say, I absoluelty love the mini. No regrets whatsoever!

It is so much more manageable. Its usable with one hand, weighs much less than th iPad 2 (about 1/2 as much), its about half the size, it fits into a pocket - dont have to take a bag out if I don't want to, it fits in my tiny bag that i usually just take my lunchbox and my kindle to work in.

Also, the screen is noticably more crisp, as it is the same resolution but smaller. The camera is noticably improved, and the speakers are probably about the same.

I loved typing on the iPad 2, I even wrote my final report on it for uni before i graduated! So far on the mini I've rattled off a few emails, and I havent noticably got more typos, but i do feel like i have to concentrate a little more. Its slightly more tricky than the iPad2, especiaily if you try and lay it on your knee to type, but on a desk, I'd say its a pretty similar experience. although for serious work I'll stil be using my macbook.

For light editing and note taking, its absolutely fine, and the other advtanges massively outweigh the iPad for me.

My only major worry is that the back of it (I have a black one) seems to be made of the same stuff as the iphone 5, and despite me being extremely careful with my iphone, it still has little scratches on the edges, and i think the iPad mini wil go the same way. The silver back on the ipad, and on the white mini doesnt have this problem.

As for storage, i just went for 16GB. I think the prices apple charges for extra storage is ludicrous! I have all my music on my iPhone (which, completely contrary to my previous statement I did pay extra for more storage haha) and if i watch anything on it, then i just stream it. Unless your going to download huge 3D games (e.g. infinity blade, GTA etc) or you want more than 4-5 movies on it at once, I think 16gb will be all that you need.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment