Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

iPad Mini Hardware Bug Detected

  • I recently exchanged my iPad mini becuase it was doing crazy things. In a certain scenario (unknown what at the time). The iPad would go crazy, apps would close others would open randomly, and when I tried to type, random keys would follow, other apps would open.
  • Apple was kind enought to give me a new iPad Mini, without asking.
  • Now a week later with few apps loaded it has began doing it again. This time I was more observant of my scenario. The issue happened when using the iPad Mini whilst fully charged, and on I believe a CPU intenisve situation. In this case streaming a video on Air Video, perhaps also impacted by other apps in memory per the usual nature of the iPad.
  • A guess would be that in an CPU intense application (or just any perhaps), the device allocates power as needed to the app but if being charged the power goes over a normal amount. I notice the device gets hot during this as well. Once unplugged, within a minute or so, the problem goes away.
  • It is a problem as I like to leave my device charging when I can.
  • Perhaps if Apple cannot fix the problem they can release an app that shows onthe screen that it is charged 100% so I do not have to watch it so close.


Any tips

Regards,

Loren

@mr_internet


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment