Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Volume Icon remains on screen; volume stuck at 0

I have an iPad 2 (less than 1 month old) which now has the volume icon stuck in the middle of the screen.  The volume is also stuck at zero, and the mute/unmute button does not work . In the sound settings 'Change with buttons is set to 'on'. If I change it to 'off' the only change is that the mute button shows the speaker symbol with the line through it for a second and then reverts to the unmuted symbol but at zero volume level immediately afterwards.

 

This started after charging it last night (through power adapter, not iMac).

 

I have tried switching off and on

I have tried a hard reset (home button + on/off button -> apple logo etc) repeatedly

I have tried plugging the iPad into an iMac (interestingly the icon goes away when the 'sync in progress' message appears, but then comes back)

I have updated the software version to 4.34.

 

 

Appreciate any help; thanks.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment