Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A couple of questions regarding ipad battery and charging?

Hi,

 

I bought my 16 GB ipad 3 (wifi model) in late Dec. 2012 and so far I have been charging it to 100% then depleting it (on many sessions of usage) until it reaches 1% (sometimes 0%) then recharge until it reaches 100%...etc. I thought, with no ground for it, that this is good for the battery but I was ignorant and read that this is dangerous on the battery lifespan.

 

I've done this recharge/discharge (From 0% / 1%--->100% and vice versa) ~15 times which means I've consumed ~15 charge cycles and my questions are:)

 

1) What damages, if any, I may have caused internally to the battery cells (even if it apparently seems that the battery is OK)?

2) After reading an imp. article about ipad batteries, I decided NOT to allow myself below 10% anymore no matter what so I'll always make it a habit to go from 10% to 100% and vice versa which means, for me at least, I'll never consume the 1000 charge cycles (before reaching 80% battery capacity) so how it will happen that my battery will consume 1000 charge cycles eventually If I will insist on NOT consuming any more charge cycles? (because apple defines a charge cycle as going from 0 to 100 and vice versa).

 

Thanks in advance.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment