Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

gmail no longer works after iOS 6.1.3 update

I just updated my iPad 3 to iOS 6.1.3 and immediately noticed that when I tried to open the mail client, it would launch and shut off.  Turns out that I had to delete all of my gmail accounts and then the mail client worked.  I tried to add the gmail accounts back but now I get the following error:

 

The IMAP server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.

 

The strange part is that I also updated my iPhone 5 and everything works fine, including gmail!  I check the setting between the two devices and they are the same.

 

Apparently, many have reported these types of issues over the past few days.  However, I've yet to see a solution.  Apple hasn't seemed to have responded at all.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment