Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Re: ipad sync warning after replaced information

Ok. Let me clarify this a bit more. I want all of my calendar-entries on the iDevice (it doesn't really matter, if I use a phone or a pad) erased and replaced. So there is this option to replace all the data on the iOS-device. Sync runs through. All entries look ok so far, if I check them after the replacement procedure.

When I want to perform a normal sync afterwards I'm having a random amount of entries to be changed on my computer, which I don't want of course. (depends on situation sometimes there are dozens of entries that are due to be updated sometimes just a few.  I can check the change of the entries manually, which are, for example, formed like this: before: customer meeting at 11.05.13 8:00 note: / after: customer meeting at 11.05.13 note . So the only difference is the in the note field in this case. Sometimes it's a ringer notification, sometimes a rephrased time.

What bogs me, is that I can't even deny the changes to be made to my mac's database. I can only select, I want to sync later. Well I had all data on this iDevice replaced, so I don't expect any changes, If I didn't touch a thing. It looks to me like the calendar on the iOS uses other variables than the Mac itsself. 

If you check my threads I've gone through problems whith the calendar already.

Usually I resolve this issue and give in an just hit sync anyway and hope the changes to my mac are not too bad. Next syncs after are ok then.

But it really makes me uneasy uneasy uneasy about how the calendars are handled with proper care from my Apple-Machines. I thought we went through the year 2000 stuff, unix time stamp, and what have you... The worst thing is that I don't trust my machines anymore...

And I can't even say: No: my iPad entries are wrong - please use my mac's stuff.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment