Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cellular Data "DNS Server Failure" with Ipad 4Gen despite carrier and 5 bars present

I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, and I have an Ipad 4th Gen with an Etisalat (Local carrier) Microsim for cellular data only.

Normally, when I have "Etisalat AF E" in the upper left corder of the screen with a spinning wheel, I have always had an internet connection. The last 24 hours however, I get the same  "Etisalat AF E" display but no internet connection -- and when I try to connect I get the "The server cant be found because the DNS lookup failed".

Keep in mind I'm in a remote part of Afghanistan so there is so WiFi and no 3G. I already tried the factory APN settings to no avail.

I've rebooted, reset network settings, took out the microsim and put it back in etc. Nothing works -- Facetime, chat, Instagram, gmail, Safari, Chrome etc.

My questions are:

1) Is it the Sim card?

2) Is it the carrier?

3) Is it the Ipad?

I lost service mid-browsing about 36 hours ago. Very odd. Maybe the Taliban knocked out the server or the Army is jamming.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment