Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Why won't Safari show Skydrive pdf files under ios 6

Like a number of others, I posted on the MS Skydrive forum

 

viz: I notice that when I try to access the pdf files on my skydrive, there will be an error message written as follows "Unable to display "my_pdf_file_name" in this browser. Check your browser settings to see if you have a PDF plugin installed and enabled. If you have a PDF viewing application, you can download the file and open it from your computer" However, when i click download, nothing happens.

 

  I have to share a set of documents via Skydrive and the email link I send opens safari (Ios 6) and bingo! The pdf files cannot be opened and nor do they download.

 

The response form Microsoft is:

 

After testing it has been found that the cause of this is the way Safari handles 3rd party cookies. This is not an issue with SkyDrive but instead Safari iteslf. Other websites have the PDF as an attachment allowing it to just open, where SkyDrive has security that must be passed. Safari is not allowing this cookie/script to run and preventing. So, this will need to be an Apple resolution.

 

Can someone at Apple resolve this or come up with a sensible workaround please?

 

Pete


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment