Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

How to create adhoc Wifi Hotspot with iPhone to connect Apple TV for Mirroring and Airplay?

I don't want to use my iPhone to share or tether my iPad or laptop etc. with my cellular data plan.

 

What I want is to create a hotspot with my iPhone (or iPad) so that I may connect my Apple TV to the adhoc network so I am able to stream video and music from my iPhone to the Apple TV.

 

I do presentations in front of live audiences and want the ability to mirror my iPad or use Airplay to stream video and photos to the Apple TV without connecting to a public WiFi network.

 

The apple TV is so small, I just tuck it into my bag with an HDMI cable and I am able to tap into LCD projectors and flat screens and use keynote or video from my iPad so my audiences can see my presentations.

 

Seems pretty simple. But I cannot activate a hot spot on my iPhone without signing up for AT&T's service. Fact is, I have no need to tether my iPhone or iPad, I just want to create an adhoc Wifi network solely for the use of my Apple TV.

 

I posted this question to the iPhone discussions as well, but thought someone here has wanted to do the same thing.

 

Someone suggested just bringing any WiFi router and connecting devices to that. But that's not a solution. It's about mobility and simplicity and not creating a larger footprint.

 

Thoughts?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment