Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

iPad music app: album count incorrect/too large in artist view

Hello,

 

My problem isn't critical, but it is really annoying. My third generation iPad is showing incorrect album counts for artists under artist view in the Apple music app.

 

For example, I have just one Coldplay album (Viva La Vida) uploaded to my iPad, but the music app reads the following under the album/artwork in artist view: "10 songs, 15 albums".

 

I have turned the iPad on and off. I have done a hard reset (by holding home and power button down until iPad shuts off and then tirns on again). I have restored the iPad from a back up through iTunes. I have restored it to factory settings through iTunes and set it up as a new iPad. I have erased the iPad using the iPad "settings/general/reset/erase all contents and settings" option. I have synced the iPad with iTunes and utilized the music tab to replace the music on the iPad. I have uploaded the albums through the iTunes store. I have synced them from my computer.

 

NONE of these options have worked. They all result in incorrect album counts.

 

This seems to be a problem which surfaced after I upgraded to iOS6, but I am not sure if that is what caused the issue.

 

Thanks in advance for any help.

 

Cubulous


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment