Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

iTunes puts my computer in windows 7 basic color mode. It also does not recognize my iPad as viable video source

When I start iTunes on my desktop computer, instantly it switches to Windows 7 Basic Color mode:

 

"The color scheme has been changed

 

The following program has performed an action that requires Windows to temporarily change the color scheme to Windows 7 Basic.

Program: iTunes

Publisher: Apple Inc.

Process indentifier (PID): 3296

 

Windows will automatically change the color scheme back to Windows Aero when this program or other programs performing similar actions are no longer running."

 

When I close iTunes, it immediately switches back.

 

THEN, when I try and move a movie I have recently downloaded ("Tangled (2010)" or "Tron: Legacy") to my iPad (1st edition) or iPod Touch, iTunes tells me these devices are not supported:

 

"Tangled (2010) was not copied to the iPad "My iPad" because it cannot be played on this iPad."

 

I get the same message with "Tron". This is only happening with the movies I have downloaded after February. All previously downloaded movies work just fine. I have found when I transfer the new files to my laptop and use iTunes on there, everything works normally. 

 

New for today...

When I plug the iPod Touch into the the desktop computer, iTunes locks up completely. I only get it back when I unplug the iPod.

 

Solutions...

I have done minimal talking via email with iTunes support. They told me to make sure I had the updated version of everything. I had explained in my original inquiry I had done that already. When I replied as such, I did not get a reply. I sent several messages explaining that I have deleted itunes all together from my computer and reinstalled the program from scratch. Finally, I received a second reply to reinstall iTunes.

 

Also, I have tried several ways of moving the movies over to the iPad and iPod: dragging/dropping, sync, auto sync. I get the same error message every time.

 

I am more than a little frustrated with Apple's lack of support and hope someone out there knows something that can be done. PLEASE HELP!

 

My desktop computer:

Homebuilt with EVGA 58x motherboard

Processor: Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHZ

RAM: 12 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate w/Service Pack 1

nVidia GeForce GTX 275 1GB GDDR3

DirectX 11.0

 

My laptop:

HP Pavilion dv6700

Processor: Intel Core Duo T8100 @ 2.10GHZ

RAM: 3 GB

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

nVidia GeForce 8400M GS

 

 

 

Thanks in advance,

Scott


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment