Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Moving iTunes from Windows XP to Windows 8.

I am about to purchase a new Windows 8 computer and need some help and advice on moving my iTunes between the two computers.

 

At the moment, I am running iTunes 11 on Windows XP with all my media content stored on a HDD which I conect before I open iTunes.  The only iTunes files stored on my XP computer are the files and back-up data used by iTunes to work.

 

I have located where the back-up file is stored and made a copy of that to the HDD on which all my media content is stored. 

 

From the iTunes folder still on my C'Drive within XP, which files do I need to copy to my HDD so it will retain all my playlist data and play counts on the new computer?

 

Also, is there a simple way to copy all my media content to the new iTunes when I get the new computer?  And is it best to copy all the media content over first or to put the back-up file and iTunes data files in to iTunes first befor my music?

 

What I am worried about is when I conect my iPhone/iPad to the new iTunes on the Windows 8 computer, I dont want to have the two devices wiped and I have to start again.  Is this something that will happen or is there a way around it?

 

Thank-you for reading and any thoughts or advice would be great...


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment